Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wrapped around a dream

Last Sunday a few of our GCM team members, Jona, Cassandra and Joylyn came through Bungoma on their way to Sudan. It was really great to see them. Jona brought me some things from home I was really blessed by. The team was here for less than 48 hours which was kind of a bummer but it was god to have them.

Since I got here I’ve really been wanting transportation. First I was thinking about getting a motorcycle since they’re cheaper and better on gas. The problem is I want a Japanese bike which are hard to find and cost as much as a small car. I’ve just been seeking the Lord on the situation. A friend of ours has been on the lookout for a small car that will fit our needs. Last Thursday we went to Eldoret with him to look at a few cars. I ended up putting a deposit on a 2003 Toyota Corolla. It was still difficult to make a decision like this even though I really feel like it’s been directed by the Lord. What made it difficult was the price of the car. Vehicles here cost double what they do in the states.

I’ve been working on preparing some beds for a garden. I’ve never really done any gardening before but it’s always something I’ve wanted to try my hand at. It’s been crazy hard work because of type of bed I’m preparing. They’re double-dug raised beds for biointensive growing. It’s something I’ve learned about from my organic farmer friend Ryan in Kitale. I just finished two beds 5’ wide and about 20’ long and I have two more to go. I’ve got two hands full of blisters and I tried to take my toe off with jembe (large hoe) yesterday. I’ve been working barefoot which may not be the best idea but I enjoy it.

God’s just really been giving life to all theses dreams I’m finally pursuing. I’ll tell you more about all that later. I think I’ll leave you with a quote I just heard from Lou Engle that Bill Johnson recited in one of his sermons. It went something like this:

“God doesn’t take a man and put a dream in him. He’s starts with a dream and wraps a man around that dream”

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, wow, Jeremy... I love you and I know you are where God wants you. I am happy some of your dreams are beginning to take shape.
Good quote. So glad you are enjoying the Bethel sermons. Give me an address if you can and I can send you mail from the VBS kids, more sermons and The Finger of God DVD I had wanted to send with Jona.
Is your toe o.k.? Yeah, I hope that dirt is "sanitary", ha...Jesus protect my son in every way! I think of you at all times. I miss you but I would not have it any other way than God's way. The Lord Bless You and Your People in Great and Mighty Ways!!! Mom

Unknown said...

Hey Jeremy! I have your page come up when I open Internet Explorer now...wow, life proceeds apace. Double-digging those rows will give you ginormous muscles--lots of work there, but ought to really help the plants grow readily. Where do you get seeds? What do you plan to grow? Have you got a compost pile going? (Farmer Qs!) You and your friends are in our prayers. I like hearing about your work and life; I can pray more consciously and deliberately for you that way. In Him, Sharon Wilgenburg

Unknown said...

Still keeping up your capoeira?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the YouTube video you added. I love the silhouette pic of you that you posted. Cool...Good idea to post those prayer requests too.
As always, I am thinking of you and praying for you. I love and miss you, Mom
PS I saw an inspiring show yesterday. Prayer REALLY DOES change people AND circumstances MIRACULOUSLY! Duh!!! We know that but when one don't necessarily see it right before your eyes that moment one might under estimate the POWER OF PRAYER AND THE POWER OF GOD THAT IT RELEASES that very moment into lives and situations. Yay, God!

Steven J said...

Cool pictures and good to see your spirits are back up! Talk to you later. God Bless.

Unknown said...

HEY JEREMY!!!!! Its Eric i just wanted to say hi again i still realy miss you but i know your doing God's will. Someday ill see u again i know it:):) and feel free to email me at relientktoawesome@yahoo.com oh yea and i get to go to Immanuel with Nick and Aaron:)