Thursday, January 31, 2008

Here in Kitale...

Many exciting things have been happening the last couple of days. Moday night things got real bad in Kisumu, the city we were going to fly into in Kenya, so we had to change some plans. Thankfully we've got some awesome folks here in Africa helping us out. We ended up taking a little 4 seater from Nairobi to Kitale cause it is much safer here. We've hooked up with this really cool guy Ryan who's with Love Mercy. He's been here for about a year. He's got some big dreams and they're coming along nicely. So far here in Kitale we've had the chance to check out Ryan's organic fertilizer company down in the slums. Hang out with some street kids. We even got to be a part of taking a couple of kids off the street today. Ryan has 7 acres that he's been developing into a little sustainable community. So many of the things that Ryan has been working on are dreams that I've had. There's just so many people from all over with there own gifts working together with one goal. Thank you sooooo much for your prayers. It seems that we've been running into opposition everywhere we turn but God always makes a way. Your prayers are making a way for us. I think we're going to go check out a boys home right now, head to Bungoma tomorrow, and possibly to the Tricana after that. I'm not sure exactly where or when, but I'm coming back, to stay. I love you all. Blessings

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooookaaay... It just went from surreal to REAL."...I'm coming back, to stay." I've known that all along but...wow. I can hear how very happy you are, Jeremy. Praise God for WHO HE IS and all He's doing - that He DOES make a way where there seems to be no way. The peace and protection of God be with you, Mom
Psalm 112

Nori said...

I've learned from past experiences on mission trips that the more opposition, the greater the blessings and plans God has in store. God ALWAYS shows up!!! I'm praying for you daily. More Power!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Jeremy! Yay Jesus! Isnt Kenya amazing?! We sooo love the Kenyans and their beautiful God blessed country! We played (not a typo)..w/Holy Spirit on your behalf Wednesday night it was great! We will continue to keep on keepin on in prayer good buddy!
Hey when you move to Kenya can we come & visit? A lot? And bring kids? A lot? Love & blessings!
Guy & Jenn

Jane said...

Kitali- that sounds like it's in Italy, huh. Anyway, I'm sure even more great & exciting God things are going to happen big time w/ you in Africa, Jeremy. I pray safety upon you & wellness. Still looking forward to the great "God stories" when you get back! At least when your back here for a while! -Love & blessings, Jane

gocke said...

Way to go brother! God is truely blessing each of your steps and those of your team! We are praying for you daily and know that God is blessing you and your team! May God continue to bless your steps, your words, and your works! Hugs!
Jess and Chris

Unknown said...

Jeremy,
I don't know if you will get this or not but I may be at work again when you try and call Saturday so you can leave another message and then call your Dad's cell. Thank you for the message that you are safe in beautiful Bungoma. Although I/we have not been worried at all cuz we're on a media fast!!! Anyway, God has LOTS for you to do there so you gotta go back! We just pray about what God shows us and we know it is taken care of. It's been really easy to put our faith, hope and trust in Him to take care of you and all you need to accomplish there. God is SO AWESOME! We'll ALL have cool stories to share when you return. Like God told Jennifer, "What do you choose, faith or fear?" We choose FAITH! YAY, GOD! YAY, JESUS! The perfect peace of God be with you all. I love you, Mom

Steven J said...

Hey man, sounds like things are going pretty awesome there; sweet to see Kilimanjaro huh? Maybe someday I could take a peek. You said times are pretty rough over there but you know God is watching over you. :D
I know your work though God is going to flourish there, and hopefully I will be able to come and visit someday to see all the great things you are destined to do! Peace

karen said...

Hi!
It is so awesome that you are finally in Africa. I am so glad that God is using you for some awesome experiences and I'm sure there will be many more before you leave.
I will continue to pray for your sinus' and for your allergies that you may go forward in complete health.
Let the other guys know that I pray for them also.
How exciting!
Karen

Sarah said...

Jeremy, I am so excited for you and I am so glad that you are able to fill us in along the way. I have kept you in my prayers and thoughts and have loved getting your blog entries along the way. I will continue to pray for you and look forward to you coming home. I can't wait to hear ALL about it. Love ya, Sarah