Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sometimes creative titles are just hard to think of

Dang! A month since my last post? That baby coffin thing was way to heavy to leave up there for a month.

I've just been stupid busy trying to get one of these houses to the point where it can be lived in. I feel like it's "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" and we've come down the the final moments before the the family arrives. Except I don't have a bus so I think I'll have to park a cow in front of the house. "Farm hand! Move that cow!" OK, so I thought I was funny. Unfortunately, I'm the only one that gets my jokes here. I'm close but still not where I was hoping to be. I got power but no plumbing yet. At least the team will get the "true African experience" by pooping in a hole and bathing from a bucket. I've actually come quite fond of the "squatty potty". I think we need some in the States.

Heading to Nairobi tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to catch a capoeira class in the eventin. Can't wait to see the team. The Expression 58 team arrives tomorrow and the Dinuba crew on Thursday. TheCall is on Saturday so we'll have a couple days to experience the madness that is Nairobi.

I need to sort through some pics so I can get some more up. If you're like me, the pictures are my favorite part of a blog.C

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Jeremy, you are SO funny! I laughed out loud! I miss your sense of humor so very much. When I hear it in your blog or on the movie you sent I laugh again and again! I know they don't get your your great sense of humor but they must be catching on a little. You are so funny all the time! I really miss that about you so much. It is so much of what makes you so very unique. And your tender, kind, gentle heart SO FILLED with LOVE that it just spills over onto everyone around you... Okay, I'm crying now. I love and miss you but am so very happy you get to see the team and Chad and the Naylors. We will give Travis a big hug for you as we will be spending 8 days up in Tahoe with him over Christmas. Yay!!!
I love you guys, Mom and Dad PS I don't think any mom could be any more proud of her 3 sons than I am of you 3 guys!!! Bless the Lord all my soul and all that is within me Bless His Holy Name!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, Jeremy,

So glad to see a new post from you. I do enjoy the photos, but I like to hear what you are doing, experiencing, and thinking best of all. (I get your jokes, too :)) Have a great time with all your teams--hope they enjoy their "fun" showers etc. ;)

Love, Sharon W